The Royal Show is
Queen Elizabeth and her funky bunch.
an 11 days event showcasing the best of the country in the city with Animals & livestock, award-winning food & wine, arts & crafts, carnival rides, showbags, free live entertainment, spectacular fireworks and much more.
If you answered 3, you’re either a good guesser or you’ve heard that The Royal Melbourne Show is around the corner. This year, they are back with amazing new attractions and entertainment, thousands of animals and more free interactive activities and displays on offer.
Here are some useful tips before you go:
· By train: Be sure to look out the window to be livestock bring herded and crammed into cattle trucks on the way home. Check out the Show Entry and Travel Saver package that includes public transport.
· By car: Parking fee is $15
· Look out for the Information Booth to make sure you don’t miss out on the free Arena entertainment.
· Don’t forget to get yourself some show bags, ranges from $1 for the Blinky Bill Bag, up to $10,000 for the Grand Ridge Ultimate Shed Showbag (Herald Sun). I like the Yarra Valley Regional Food Group selling for $35 to taste some local food and wine.
(including Kookaberry raspberry jam, Australian Harvest organic paste, Yarra coffee, Unforgettable products, meringues, Ricci’s Bikkies turkish bread, Gateway Estate wine, Blossoms Organics spice blend and Heathmont honey).
· In order to get into all the fun inside the Royal Melbourne Show, first you have to pay an admission fee. The Ticket to Ride fare seems to be a good deal as you get back most of it on the rides. Full details are on http://www.royalshow.com.au/tickets-general-admission.asp.
Map of the area (PDF)